Conditions for issuance of temporary residence cards for foreigners in Vietnam
A temporary residence card is a type of long-term visa issued by the Vietnam Immigration Administration to foreigners with a minimum term of 1 year, up to 2 years in case the employee has a work permit/ work permit exemption certificate. A maximum period of 5 years to 10 years for investors contributing capital to business in enterprises in Vietnam.
Procedures for making temporary residence cards:
Step 1: Preparation of documents;
Step 2: Apply:
1. Agencies, organizations and individuals shall submit dossiers at one of the three working officees of the Immigration Administration – Ministry of Public Security:
a) 44-46 Tran Phu Street, Ba Dinh District, Hanoi.
b) 254 Nguyen Trai Street, District 1, Ho Chi Minh City.
c) 7 Tran Quy Cable Street, Da Nang City
2. Officers receiving dossiers to check the legality and contents of dossiers:
+ If it is complete and valid, it will receive the dossier, print and hand over the receipt, appointment of the date of return of results.
+ If the dossier is invalid, the receiving officer shall guide the applicant to supplement the dossier in full.
The composition of the application includes:
- Written request of agencies, organizations and individuals to follow the procedures for invitation and guarantee (form N7A)
- Declaration of request for new temporary residence card with photo sticker 3cm x 4cm
- Passport of the grantees
- Legal dossiers of agencies, organizations and enterprises guaranteeing.
- Depending on the case, one of the following documents is required:
- Investment Certificate / Business Registration Certificate
- License for establishment of representative offices and branches of companies
- Certificate of membership of the Board of Directors
- Work permit
- Birth certificates, marriage certificates, family books … if applying for a temporary residence card for husband, wife, child … are foreigners
- Papers proving the declaration of temporary residence / Certificate of temporary residence in the locality signed and stamped by the police of communes and wards
Time limit for sed settlement of procedures for issuance of temporary residence cards
Within 05 working days after receiving a complete dossier, the immigration authority or competent agency of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs considers granting temporary residence cards.
Above is all information about making temporary residence cards in Vietnam. This information will be updated regularly if new changes are made. If you have any questions regarding the making of your temporary residence card, please call us on (028) 38201 012 for specific advice.