Simplify all procedures | HOTLINE: (033) 534 4640



Currently, under the new regulations, foreign workers who marry Vietnamese and live in The Territory of Vietnam are not subject to work permits, but must report to the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs or the Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs where foreign workers are expected to work information.

Conditions for applying for work permit exemption for foreigners marrying Vietnamese citizens

– Have a marriage license with a Vietnamese citizen

– Hired by the business to work

Currently living in the territory of Vietnam

According to Decree No. 152/2020/ND-CP, enterprises recruiting foreigners married to Vietnamese people still have to report to the authorities on the management of foreign workers.

The reporting to the authorities on this case includes: full name, age, nationality, passport number, name of foreign employer, start date and end date at least 3 days in advance, from the date the foreign worker is expected to start working in Vietnam.

Time to submit a report:

The report form is submitted at least 3 working days in advance from the date the foreigner is expected to start working.

Where to apply for a marriage license exemption?

– Ministry of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs

– Department of Labor, War Invalids and Social Affairs of the province/city where the person is expected to work.

When submitting a report, it is considered that the application has been completed. The authorities only receive dossiers to manage information of enterprises employing foreign workers, not in written and written responses confirming that the subjects of work are exempted from marriage licenses.

The procedure for applying for work permit exemption for foreign workers married to Vietnamese is the ability to prepare documents as well as travel between Vietnamese authorities. If you are having difficulty, contact us immediately for advice and support.

If you have difficulty in applying for a work permit exemption for foreigners who marry Vietnamese as well as in preparing documents or having to work with Vietnamese state agencies. Please contact us immediately via Hotline: (033) 534 4640 for advice and support. We will come up with the quickest and most effective solution for you.