In order to operate and do business legally in Vietnam, foreign investors need to have a temporary residence card or visa issued by a Vietnamese state agency. However, the temporary residence card only has a certain shelf life. So if the temporary residence card expires, what does the investor need to do to get a temporary residence card extension, this article of ours will answer the question to help you!
- Subjects allowed to renew their temporary residence card
- Renewal period of temporary residence card
- Procedures for renewal of temporary residence card
- Temporary residence card renewal service
Subjects allowed to renew their temporary residence card
Based on the Law on Entry, Exit, Transit and Residence of Foreigners in Vietnam in 2014, only foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contributions of VND 03 billion or more are allowed to extend temporary residence cards in Vietnam.
Renewal period of temporary residence card
The extension of temporary residence cards for foreign investors is based on the capital contributed by that person in enterprises, agencies and organizations in Vietnam. And the duration of the extended temporary residence card will vary, depending on the type of temporary residence card, specifically:
– Temporary residence card with the symbol DT1 with a term of no more than 10 years.
– Temporary residence card with the symbol DT2 with a term of no more than 05 years.
– Temporary residence card with the symbol DT3 with a term of no more than 03 years.
* Note: The duration of the temporary residence card is extended shorter than the remaining term of the passport by at least 30 days.
Procedures for renewal of temporary residence card
Step 1: Prepare a temporary residence card renewal dossier for investors
The dossier includes the following types of documents:
- Notarized copy of business registration certificate
- Official documents and applications for temporary residence cards for foreigners
- Declaration of application for temporary residence card for foreigners
- A referral for Vietnamese employees to apply for temporary residence cards at the Immigration Agency.
- Original passport and visa (passport valid for at least 13 months and visa to enter Vietnam for the right purpose)
- Original old temporary residence card
- The certificate of temporary residence registration or temporary residence registration of foreigners has been confirmed by the police of the ward or commune where the foreigner is temporarily residing in Vietnam
- 02 photos 2cmx3cm.
Step 2. Apply for extension of temporary residence card
Submit your application at the Office of the Immigration Department.
If the dossier is not valid, the officer receiving the dossier instructs the applicant to supplement the dossier in full. And you’ll need additional preparation to return to the Immigration Department’s office to resubmit.
Step 3. Get temporary residence card results
On the date of appointment according to the appointment paper, you bring a receipt, ID/CCCD or passport to present to the officer to return the results of the examination and comparison.
If you have the results of granting a temporary residence card, you will pay the fee, then sign and receive the results (whether or not you are granted a temporary residence card)
Temporary residence card renewal service
- Resolving situations where temporary residence cards with registration symbols are urgently needed
- Provide forms and instructions for filling out the application for temporary residence card renewal for foreign investors accurately
- Quickly process the application, carry out the procedure of extending the temporary residence card for investors early, so you will save a lot of time and effort.
If you have any questions about the procedure and the order of renewal of your temporary residence card, contact us immediately at (028) 3620-8140 for advice and assistance. With experienced staff and dedicated advice will bring the most effective and economical solution for you.