Cases of temporary residence card issuance include:
1. Foreigners are members of diplomatic missions, consular agencies, representative agencies of international organizations under the United Nations, intergovernmental organizations in Vietnam and spouses, children under 18 years of age, accompanying domestic workers for the term;
2. Foreigners entering the country on visas with the symbols LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, Tel2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2, TT.
The visa symbols issued with temporary residence cards are as follows:
- LV1 – Granting people to work with departments, agencies and units under the Central Committee of the Communist Party of Vietnam; The National Assembly, the Government, the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front, the Supreme People's Court, the Supreme People's Procuracy, the State Audit, ministries, ministerial-level agencies and government-affiliated agencies; provincial committees, members, People's Councils, People's Committees of provinces and centrally-affiliated cities;
- LV2 – Granting people to work with socio-political organizations, social organizations, Vietnam Chamber of Commerce and Industry;
- LS – Granted to foreign lawyers practicing in Vietnam;
- DD1 – Granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contributed value of VND 100 billion or more or invested in investment incentive industries and occupations, areas of investment incentives decided by the Government.
- DT2 – Granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contributions from VND 50 billion to less than VND 100 billion or investment in industries and professions that encourage development investment decided by the Government.
- DT3 – Granted to foreign investors in Vietnam and representatives of foreign organizations investing in Vietnam with capital contributions from VND 03 billion to less than VND 50 billion.
- NN1 – Granted to persons who are heads of representative offices and projects of international organizations and foreign NGOs in Vietnam;
- NN2 – Granted to the head of the representative office, branch of the foreign trader, the representative office of the economic, cultural and other specialized organizations of foreign countries in Vietnam;
- DH – Granting people to practice and study;
- PV1 – Granted to reporters and journalists permanently residing in Vietnam;
- LD1 – Granted to foreigners working in Vietnam who are not eligible for work permits, unless otherwise stated by an international treaty;
- LD2 – Granted to foreigners working in Vietnam who are subject to a work permit;
- TT – Issued to foreigners who are spouses, children under 18 years of age of foreigners who are granted visas with the symbol LV1, LV2, LS, DT1, Tel2, DT3, NN1, NN2, DH, PV1, LD1, LD2 or foreigners who are fathers, mothers, spouses, children of Vietnamese citizens.
Duration of temporary residence card
1. The duration of the temporary residence card issued is shorter than the remaining term of the passport of at least 30 days.
2. Temporary residence cards with the symbol DT1 have a term of no more than 10 years.
3. Temporary residence cards with ng3, LV1, LV2, LS, tel2 and DH symbols are valid for no more than 05 years.
4.Temporary residence cards with the symbols NN1, NN2, DT3, TT have a term of no more than 03 years.
5. Temporary residence cards with the symbols LD1, LD2 and PV1 have a term of no more than 02 years.
Agencies carrying out administrative procedures: Immigration Department, Ministry of Public Security.
In the following cases, no temporary residence card is issued.
Foreigners entering the country for the purpose of operating in accordance with Vietnamese law, and not subject to the "suspension of exit" specified in the country, shall be considered for granting temporary residence cards valid for 1 year to 3 years. In the following cases, temporary residence cards are not issued:
a) Being examined for criminal liability or being a defendant in civil, economic and labor disputes;
b) Being obliged to execute a criminal judgment;
c) Being obliged to execute civil and economic judgments;
d) Being obliged to comply with decisions on sanctioning administrative violations, tax payment obligations and other financial obligations.
For more details about the temporary residence card service for foreigners as well as the price quote of the cost of the service, please contact us immediately at the information below or send a message via email@example.com.