Due to the peculiarities of the restaurant service business, restaurants. It is recommended that after being granted a Business Registration Certificate and before conducting operations. Customers need to carry out procedures for applying for food safety eligibility facility certificate
A food service business license is a certificate issued by the Ministry of Health to individuals or businesses to facilitate business in the form of food and beverage shops or restaurants modeled after ensuring the conditions in the field of food safety and hygiene. Also known as a certificate of food hygiene and safety facilities
Current conditions for applying for a food service business license?
- Location, production and business environment
- Water and ice sources
- Equipment and tools
- Ready-made food must be stored in glass cabinets and sorted to avoid cross-contamination of food
- Sellers must wear clean, neat clothing and gloves.
- The trash must have a lid.
- Processing materials of clear origin
- Enough tools, equipment to store wastewater, with a lid
- Food traders need a food safety certificate.
- Street food processors must have a health certificate.
Application for food hygiene and safety eligibility permit for food service
Applications for food safety eligibility facility certificates include:
- Application for certificate of food safety eligibility
- Copy of business registration certificate (with registration of industry or business lines)
- Explanation of facilities and equipment to ensure food hygiene and safety conditions
- Certificate of health of the owner and the person directly producing and trading food issued by the district-level health establishment or more
- The certificate has been trained in food safety and hygiene of the owner and the person directly producing and trading food in accordance with the regulations of the Minister of Industry Management.
In case, the food business is a health-protecting food, the dossier for issuance of certificates of food safety eligibility establishment meets the requirements of good production practices (GMP) of health-protecting foods that need to ensure the following documents:
- Application for certificate of food safety eligibility facility meets good production practices (GMP) of health-protecting foods
- Diagram of production areas and production lines (certified by organizations and individuals)
- List of key equipment used at the facility (certified by the organization or individual)
Order of issuance of food hygiene and safety eligibility permits for food service
Step 1: Organizations and individuals producing and trading food prepare and submit applications for food safety certificates at the Food Safety and Hygiene Department or the Food Safety and Hygiene Department where they do business
Step 2: Once the dossier is valid, the Food Safety and Hygiene Department or the Food Safety and Hygiene Department shall conduct the facility appraisal. The results of the appraisal of the facility shall be recorded in the minutes of facility appraisal.
Step 3: Within 15 days from the date of receipt of a complete and valid dossier, the competent state agency shall inspect the conditions for ensuring food hygiene and safety at the food trading and production establishments. If eligible, a food safety certificate must be issued. In case of refusal, it is required to respond in writing and clearly state the reason for not granting.
Step 4: In case the appraisal results are not achieved, in the appraisal minutes, the time limit for re-appraisal must be clearly stated (up to 03 months), if the re-appraisal results are still not achieved, the appraisal team shall make a record and propose to the competent state agencies to suspend the operation of the establishment.
Please contact us immediately if you still have questions about the process, procedures or documents to prepare before applying for a Restaurant or Restaurant Business License